Tuesday 17 January 2012

Chestnut and chocolate muffin 2!

Better late than never...


When I picked my son up from the childminder today she told me he had said he really enjoyed his packed lunch today, especially the little cake. He then asked me if he could have another one when we got home and was disappointed when I told him I ate the last one with my lunch (actually, I'm not sure it made it to lunchtime...) and asked when we could make more - guess that's a good sign.


I made 1/2 quantity, which was enough for 12 generous mini muffins, this should fill 10-12 normal size ones.



2 cups chestnut flour (200g)
3/4 – 1cup coconut flour (60g)
3/4 cup dark brown sugar (I think I only used about 1/2 cup)
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
120mls  oat cream (or other milk substitute)
125g Dairy and Soya free spread
250-300mls cup milk substitute (try 250 and add more if not a dropping consistency, I'm not entirely sure how much extra I added, recipe said 3/4 cup and that was too dry)
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
Dairy free chocolate chunks or chips (I used a mixture of chopped Moo Free chocolate and dark chocolate buttons) - as much or little as you want.
1. Preheat oven to 190C / 375F. 
2. Whisk the dairy free spread with the brown sugar until pale, slowly whisk in the oat cream until light and creamy before finally mixing in the vanilla.
3. Carefully fold in the dry ingredients and the milk substitute until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon into muffin cases, or silicon cases (comes out easier in an egg free mix). Smooth the tops with a wet spoon.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment