Tuesday 10 January 2012

White chocolate without soya!

Well my Mortimer's White Couverture arrived in time for Christmas, but alas, due to life (and death) getting in the way, I didn't get a chance to do all the Christmassy things I had planned. We did manage a gingerbread house, which I will do instructions for in time for next year...

Roofing with 'white chocolate' tiles

I'm lucky that my boys like dark chocolate (and are particularly enjoying the Montezuma's 54% Dark Chocolate Giant Buttons from Uncle Richard), but I know some kids don't so I've been experimenting again...

Mortimer's White Couverture (they can't call it chocolate as it doesn't contain milk!) comes as a finely ground powder (cocoa butter, sugar and vanilla). Melt in a warm pan (turn off the heat so doesn't boil) and stir with a spatula until grainyness from sugar has gone. leave to cool slightly and pour into tray lined with clingfilm (I did this for tiles on gingerbread house) and cut to desired shape once set. I also made drops by dripping onto clingfilm. Can also be poured into silicon chocolate molds if you have one!
'White Chocolate' Hippo





No comments:

Post a Comment